Thursday, July 4, 2013

My brother and I


July 8th I trained chest and triceps with Sheldon. I did just about all compound exercises with lots of volume in incline bench exercises.
Chest exercises:
Flat Barbell Bench press 3sets x8reps 185lbs
Flat Dumbbell Bench press 2sets x8reps 80lbs
Incline Dumbbell Bench press 3sets x8reps 80lbs
Incline Barbell Bench press 3sets x8reps 155lbs
Tricep exercises:
Dips 3sets x10reps 270lbs
Tricep cable pulldown 3sets x 10reps 60lbs
I have had the chance to train my brother Sheldon with weightlifting. I first got him interested in weightlifting the American Family Fitness in Chester was built. The gym was located close to my house so we got a family membership. My brother and I now had access to any fitness equipment we could ever need to get stronger. Sheldon weighed around 95 pounds when he first started weightlifting and today he weighs 125. He has grown substantially stronger since he first started weightlifting a year ago. When my brother and I workout we can push each other to become stronger by spotting the lift. Usually we warm up lightly and then progress into heavy sets. After the workout we eat tons of good slow digesting carbs such as sweet potatoes with lean  proteins such as salmon.

1 comment:

  1. Cameron,
    I want to say keep up the good work. It seems you and your brother are in good shape and doing it the right way. It's good to have people showing how to work out the right way and it may also inspire people who see you two and become motivated because they see the progress your making and were they can get to if they take it serious. I also think it's cool that you work out with your brother. I think that's both a positive and good bonding experience between you two. The current state of the world regarding people over eating as a whole could get inspired by seeing a couple of young people taking their health seriously and showing results from your hard work. Also the fact that you and your brother are working together may show some people that it isn't impossible to get in shape and that doing so with a family member might make it fun for them. I will say keep it up for yourself and for any person you may inspire by you hard work and dedication.

    ReplyDelete